Payson Senior Center
Meditation calms the mind and nurtures the body. It doesn’t require sitting for hours in challenging poses. The practice of turning inward for a short time is sufficient for a uniquely personalized method of self-healing. These classes provide some basic meditation principles which support the body’s natural intelligence for an intuitively healthy and centered approach to life.
Here’s a brief look at some of the meditations and the themes we’ll be exploring in class:
1. Mind Cleansing – A helpful introduction to meditation as the basis for one’s inner peace and clarity.
2. The Heart Meditation – This meditation is helpful when we lack energy or have obstructed the heart-chi.
3. Deprogramming and the Inner No – Removing false ideas and negative emotions are what help reveal the true self through our natural boundaries and common sense.
4. Centering – Centering is a helpful meditation by itself and also as a prerequisite for receiving insight into a specific concern.
5. Listening to the Body – The body has more knowledge than the mind alone. Listening to the body is the key to self-knowledge and health.
6. The True Self – The only thing we have to fear is not experiencing the joy of who we truly are. Everyone has a true, whole and positive self, but many have yet to discover the joy of how that feels.
Classes are open to the community.
Sundays, 11:00 to noon.
@ 514 West Main Street
sliding scale fee: $3-10
info: 928-474-4876, email@example.com
instructor: Kim Young